When a patient is missing an entire row of teeth, the most traditional treatment has always been dentures. Although dentures are an effective option for replacing your teeth, they are not always the most desirable.
For patients who are looking for a tooth replacement option that combines the ease and affordability of dentures with the stability and performance of dental implants, our dentists often recommend treatment with All-on-4.
What Are All-On-4 Dental Implants?
All-on-4 dental implants are a tooth replacement option that can replace an entire row of missing teeth. All-on-4 permanently attaches a full denture to four strategically placed dental implants.
The Benefits of All-On-4 Dental Implants
For patients who are missing an entire row (or most of an entire row) of teeth, All-on-4 dental implants can offer a variety of benefits over alternative tooth replacement options like dentures or dental implants.
- A permanent denture fixed to four dental implants offers a stable tooth replacement option.
- All-on-4 dental implants look and feel natural in addition to functioning like natural teeth.
- They won’t slip or slide around and do not cause blisters or sores like traditional dentures.
- They require no sticky denture adhesives.
- All-on-4 offers a more natural look and feel than traditional dentures.
- They are easy to care for — just like taking care of your natural teeth!
- All-on-4 dental implants are less invasive and require a much simpler process than replacing each tooth with a dental implant.
- Much less costly than replacing each missing tooth with a dental implant.
Depending on your individual smile goals and current health, you might be able to benefit from the advantages of All-on-4 dental implants.
Are You a Candidate for All-On-4 Dental Implants?
While All-on-4 is a wonderful treatment option, it’s not always the right choice for every patient.
- Patients missing all or most of their teeth on the top, bottom, or both rows.
- Patients must have adequate jawbone structure to support the four dental implant anchors.
- Patients must have good oral health and be free of periodontal disease.
- Patients must be healthy enough to undergo a surgical procedure under general anesthesia.
- Patients must not use tobacco products.
Our dentists will talk with you about your medical history and smile goals to help you determine whether All-on-4 is the best tooth replacement option for you.
Tooth Replacement and Smile Restoration at Eastgate Dental Excellence
If you’d like to find out if All-on-4 is the right smile restoration option for you, or learn about other restorative dentistry treatments, our dentists at Eastgate Dental Excellence are always happy to help.
When you schedule a smile restoration consultation, we’ll examine your teeth and gums, talk with you about your medical history, and learn about how you’d like your smile to function and look. We will then recommend a personalized smile restoration treatment plan designed to help you meet your individual smile goals.
To learn more or schedule a consultation, we welcome you to contact Eastgate Dental Excellence today.
Call Us Today
Visit Our Office
3241 Mount Carmel Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45244